Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uc 540

I have UC540 with 7 BRI lines. Now we got PRI line. Can any one help me how to configure a PRI line.step by step.

Also if I am using CA and if icreate a new site on working hours and do a new pri set up in that will affect the existing BRI. Please some one help me fast.

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

This is a sample configuration, you will need to make the appropriate changes for your own setup.

card type e1 0 2

network-clock-participate wic 2
network-clock-select 1 E1 0/2/0

isdn switch-type primary-net5    <<< Make sure this is set for your region

trunk group OUTBOUND_ISDN_TRUNK
description ** Outbound ISDN Trunk Group **
hunt-scheme longest-idle

voice translation-rule 8001
rule 14 /^.*XXXXX\(1..\)$/ /\1/    <<<< Change the "XXXXX" to the first 5 digits of your primary number in the DID range
rule 15 /.*/ /XXX/     <<<< This points to a Pilot number or an Extension number, could be an AA or a Blast group or a DN
!
voice translation-rule 8002
rule 15 /^\(.+\)$/ /00\1/

voice translation-profile DID_TO_EXTENSION
translate calling 8002
translate called 8001

controller E1 0/2/0
framing CRC4 Australia <<<< Change this to your country
pri-group timeslots 1-10,16 <<<<< CHange this according to your channel setup

!

interface Serial0/2/0:15
no ip address
encapsulation hdlc
isdn switch-type primary-net5 <<<<< You may or may not need to change this as well, check with your carrier please
isdn incoming-voice voice
trunk-group OUTBOUND_ISDN_TRUNK
no cdp enable

voice-port 0/2/0:15
translation-profile incoming DID_TO_EXTENSION
cptone AU <<<< Change this to your country call progress tone
bearer-cap Speech

dial-peer voice 200 pots <<<<<<<<< Change this to what is appropriate for your configuration
description DID on PRI
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
port 0/0/0:15

This is almost in order although there were some changes recently made to this on the fly that would have put it out of order, but it doesn't matter so long as the system accepts it, it should work for you.

This is just a quick fix, the correct fix would be to program the whole system using CCA (Latest version) and have the system managed by CCA instead of CLI, this way you can make these changes pretty quick with minimal disruption.

I also point out that you should be able to make these changes whils the BRI service is operational, this way you can avoid downtime for incoming and outgoing calls, you technically should be able to run both services at the same time as well.

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Dear David

Thanks a lot.

Hi There,

Glad to have been able to help

If this worked for you and you were able to get the PRI/E1 working, can you mark the thread as "Answered" please ?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *