cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W and teleworking

canadianicon25
Level 1
Level 1

Is teleworking supported on the UC320W.  I have a SPA525g2 phone and want to use it at home and have the UC320W as the key system.  It looks like autodiscovery cannot be disabled.  Are remote phone supported on this platform?

5 Replies 5

jeffsand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The teleworker solution with SPA 525G2 phone on UC320W is not currently supported at this time.  It is a popular feature request and is under consideration for a future release.

Regards,
Jeff

icewulfie
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to make it happen with an ASA5505 in front of the UC320W. It's a bit complicated, but it works.

Great,

Please share with the rest of the group

Can you post a TEL (Technical Enablement Lab) showing the rest of the community on how you got this to work

I have attached the template to the post, feel free to PM me to discuss if you need to

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16795

Have a great day

Hello icewulfie:

I have a similar scenario as you do.  Can you please post your solution to the UC320W with an ASA5505 in front of it to support teleworker use.

Thanks,

Tony

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

One way to achieve this is to use two routers like SRP527 and create an IPsec tunnel between the two sites, manually program the TFTP server on the SPA-525G2, and if you want to go one step further use the Vlan capabilities of those routers.

If you want to be a little more visionary, wait till Cisco give us a sniff on how to access the system via SIP and you can then get the SRP to register to the UC-320W and use the analogue ports on the back of the SRP and have an Analogue remote extension.

Come to think of it... Hmmmm better stop there, the mind is going into a frenzy and a tangent is ready to happen

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *