cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W how to make system ring straight out

hamish.jones
Level 1
Level 1

On asterisk based IP PBX's I can set up a dial out rule to dial straight out instead of having to dial 1 or any other number specified before I dial the phone number, is it possible to do such a thing on the UC320 as it is a pain having to manually dial missed calls as it doesn't dial the 1 automatically for you in any rule I can find, hence why I thought dropping the 1 would be easier

Also when you add a second SIP account you need to dial the area code on the second account to make a call, I couldn't find anywhere to adjust this and it states it is going out on port 5061 but I would prefer it just to dial straight out as per first SIP account, we have a client who runs two businesses and they both have different phone numbers depending on what extension they will be dialing from so kind of need to work this one out,

Anyone got any ideas if this can be done or how it can be achieved?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Hi Hamish,

The missed/recieved call return is a bit of a complex problem where different scenarios impact different customers/regions differently.  There are a number of cases where the caller ID that was delivered by the service provider is not the address you would dial to complete the call.  For example, in some 7 digit dialing areas (in the U.S.A.) the service provider delivers a full 10 digit phone number.  If you try to call the full 10 digit local phone number you get a call failure.  When looking at a NPA-NXX-xxxx number there may be multiple NXX's that are considered local for a 7 digit dial plan but a number of them that are considered long distance.  Returning an international call can be a challenge because of trunk type and carrier selection etc.

The good news is the engineering team has been working on this and expects to have improvements to the call return functionality in the next general availability release.

If I'm interpreting your problem statement correctly below, you have two SIP provider accounts:  One uses 7 digit dialing and one that uses 10 digit dialing, correct?  The system currently isn't designed to support this.  Suggest moving one of the accounts to a different provider that matches the other's dial plan, or contacting your service providers to see if they can do some provisioning on their end.

Chris

Hamish Jones wrote:

Also when you add a second SIP account you need to dial the area code on the second account to make a call, I couldn't find anywhere to adjust this and it states it is going out on port 5061 but I would prefer it just to dial straight out as per first SIP account, we have a client who runs two businesses and they both have different phone numbers depending on what extension they will be dialing from so kind of need to work this one out,

Anyone got any ideas if this can be done or how it can be achieved?

Thanks

Hello Chris,

nope phone numbers are from same provider and seems that both set at 7 digit, all a bit strange,

Shame we can't drop the first digit with number stripping so we could just dial straight out,

ther main reason is we deal with small businesses who frequently divert the phone to mobile if they are out of office and I would like to use a *73 or what ever the call forward short cut is, but becasue it has to have the 1 in the dial to get an external line I can't do it on an extension button, which is the aim of all this bit of set and forget type stuff

thanks

Hi Hamish,

Yes, this does seem strange.  Can you please open a case with the Cisco Small Business Support Center on this and reference this thread?  They will need to take a closer look at your configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

What Region are you using?  In the US is see we support *xx in the trunk dial plans.  You should be able to provision a phone speed dial:  trunk_steering_digit *xx   Using your example numbers you should be able to provision a shortcut for 1*73    Then user will hear telco secondary dialtone and then dial the external target number.

The end user will always have to dial the external number manually.

Chris