Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W Single Number Reach?

gene
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

When I was initially investigating purchasing the UC320W for a client, I was told by a Cisco rep that it offered Single Number Reach (an incoming call could be routed simultaneously to the user's desk and cell phone, eventually leaving voice mail at the user's desk if no one was available).

When I set it up for my client, we discovered that that was not the case - Single Number Reachwas not available on this model telephone system.

Several calls to support, and eventually I was told that it was an 'upcoming' feature for this system, but there was no projected availability date at that time.

So the question is - is this accurate information, and is there a projected availability date yet? My client was very annoyed when they discovered that the feature they were told about didn't exist, but I was able to buy some time by telling them it was coming. Has it arrived yet?

Thanks,

Gene O'Brien

Technology Service of Long Island

2 Replies 2

Hi Gene,

The Single Number Reach feature is supported on the UC500 series.  It is not currently supported on the UC320W.  If you want to PM me your rep's contact information, I'll make sure our marketing team reaches out to them with a current feature list for the UC320W.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks Chris. It wasn't my rep (who I don't even know!) who gave me the info, it was 2 different booth personel at 2 different trade shows.

Unfortunately, i know it's not supported now, I was more interested in finding out a potential timetable for a patch/maintenance release. The problem is, based on the info I was given about the feature, I passed that along to my client, who then bought the system expecting that feature. It was only upon installation I discovered the feature wasn't there.

The system's been in place for several months, and they really like it - apart from the fact that it doesn't do SNR. There's no way I can go in and ask them for more money to upgrade to the UC500 system at this point. I'm just hoping to spring the good news that the feature is coming, so they're less unhappy about having been told something that wasn't true.

So a roadmap that includes that feature on the UC320W is more what I'm looking for (unless someone wants to give me a free upgrade for my client!).

Thanks,

Gene O'Brien

Technology Service of Long Island