cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W & SPA525G Message Indicator

toddbannar
Level 1
Level 1

Both the red message indicator light at the top of the phone and the message indicator within the display are always on.  This occurs on all phones even when there are no voice mails.  The line in question is a direct line from Verizon which does have voice mail provisioned.  If I pick up the line, I also hear the studder tone to indicate there is a voice mail.  If I call into the Verizon voice mail system, there is no voice mail.  If I connect a regular handset to the incoming phone line bypassing the UC320W and pick up the line, there is no studder tone.  Also, is there a way to do a flash on this phone for call-waiting?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Todd,

First the UC320W system does not support call-waiting on an analog line(s).

Second the UC320W has Voice Mail as  a feature of the system.  The MWI light on each phone  is controlled by the UC320W's voice mail system.

Please login the UC320W and check Status -> Voicemail and look for new messages. After clearing any new messages the MWI light should go out.

Note: the MWI will be illuminated if a shared VM account has a new message.

Note when used with UC320W  the phone MWI light is not related to a Verizon (or other provider) system voice mail service. Completely independent.  With the UC320W providing the VM service, please cancel or disable the VM service on your analog line(s).  Any stutter dial tone on any analog line will cause outbound dial problems (UC320W checks for solid dial tone).