Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W to SPA303/ SPA504G Simple Config Questions

pg_cisco_voip
Level 1
Level 1

All,

V newby questions, so please don't tell me to rtfm.

But I am looking at how to make some changes and am going in circles:

1) Incoming calls on the phones are showing inbond number codes of "9000" then the number. The 9 and one 0 are correct, so where can I reduce the number of 0's so dial out can be immediate?

2) On our phones the line buttons are assigned to particular inbound/outbond FXO lines. BUT I can't seem to choose the order of button to line on the phones.  I want to have FXO line #1 on button #2 and FXO line #2 on button #3. But I can't seem to find that setting on the 320.

Can you let me know how to do that or where the obvious instructions are?

Newby questions, so please accept my appologise.

Regards

P

3 Replies 3

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Peter,

What is the inbound number code 9000? Does it come from the service provider as part of the caller ID? If yes, UC320W can't modify the caller ID.

You may want to configure the shared FXO lines in the order you want at Shared FXO Lines page of Configure Utility, FXO line #1 for the first shared FXO line and so on.

Best regards,

Wendy Yang

Thanks Wendy,

No the inbound caller ID numbers are the usual dial codes for the UK, starting 0. So 01... 02... 08.. ect.

This worked fine on the SPA9000.

The only change has been the intro' of the 360.

I've contemplated just removing the area code data in the 360...

And I think I get the second item bit on which line button is connected to which FXO.

Ta

P

Hi Peter,

UC320W can't modify the incoming caller ID. Wharever received from service provider is saved in the call log, it can't be programmed for modifications.

Best regards,

Wendy