Views
Helpful
Replies

UC450

hamish.jones
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

just getting into cisco IP phone systems and are about to start selling and supporting the UC320, a couple of questions about the 540 though, how many SIP trunks does it support some info I read was that it only supported 1 trunk,

Also remote office workers is there much of a headache setting them up as we will promote that as a feature,

soft phone apps, what is the go here is it an easy setup or can it cause headaches, I just want to get this info in my head before I say the system will do something and I get egg on my face,

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Hamish,

Using CCA the UC540 can only support 1 SIP trunk.

Remote office workers are supported. How many user's will be connecting to the UC from a remote office(s)? The answer to this will dictate the method that remote workers will use to connect(ie VPN directly to SPA525G2 phone, VPN to teleworker router with up to 5 users, or multisite to another UC).

You can use IP Communicator with the UC540. You just have to configure the phone in the UC. You will also need to configure some network settings in the IP Communicator application.

Let me know if you have additional questions regarding this.

Thanks,

-john

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Hamish,

Using CCA the UC540 can only support 1 SIP trunk.

Remote office workers are supported. How many user's will be connecting to the UC from a remote office(s)? The answer to this will dictate the method that remote workers will use to connect(ie VPN directly to SPA525G2 phone, VPN to teleworker router with up to 5 users, or multisite to another UC).

You can use IP Communicator with the UC540. You just have to configure the phone in the UC. You will also need to configure some network settings in the IP Communicator application.

Let me know if you have additional questions regarding this.

Thanks,

-john

Hello John,

only a handful of remote users will be connecting so it isn't a big load,

whya does it only support one SIP trunk when the 320 supports 4, seems a bit odd, do you know if the 560 supports more than one, I am having a heck of a time trying to find much info on the net about these things,

thanks for your advice

Hamish

Hello Hamish,

Are the users connecting from one location or from multiple locations?

The SIP trunk issue is a limitation of CCA. Since the 560 also uses CCA only 1 SIP trunk would work.

Thanks,

-john

Hello John,

shame about the one SIP trunk, would be great if it could run more,

the users will be connecting from different locations, like a home office sort of setup,

thanks

John Schaffer ha scritto:

The SIP trunk issue is a limitation of CCA. Since the 560 also uses CCA only 1 SIP trunk would work.

Hi,

In fact, I pointed out this limitation and also I would invite the team to work on this issue; https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3645621 but I understand that there is a half standstill in the development (not as fast as needed).

Arturo.

Hello Arturo,

it would make sense that a system that is supposed to be superior to the UC320W wouold have at least the same amount of SIP trunks or more not less,

Here's hoping someone from Cisco gets onto it,

Thanks

Hamish

Hamish,

The UC5xx can support multiple SIP trunk providers, however, it's not supported in CCA.  You will have to configure these in CLI.  There are multiple guides on how to do this on the forum.

Excellent information, best I get reading then,

Thanks

Hamish