Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 MultiSite Manager

shawny
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

This may be a silly question, but what exactly does the 'Multi-Site Manager' do in a UC500?  If I'm setting this up remotely, is there a good chance that I'm going to lose my connection for some reason (I'm using one of the UCs for a VPN connection).  Can anyone point me to a document somewhere that can highlight exactly what it is that the MultiSite Manager adds / changes / installs?

Thank you,

~Shawn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Shawn,

Multisite manager is used to configure a VPN that allows calls between 2 or more UC’s.  New additions to CCA allow the multisite manager to also create just a data VPN without the dial plans to another router.

The multisite manger will configure the crypto maps and ACL’s on the UC.  So if you are doing this remotely through a VPN there is always a chance that you will lose your connection.  If you need additional information on the Multisite manger please let me know.

Thank you,

Jason Nickle

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Shawn,

Multisite manager is used to configure a VPN that allows calls between 2 or more UC’s.  New additions to CCA allow the multisite manager to also create just a data VPN without the dial plans to another router.

The multisite manger will configure the crypto maps and ACL’s on the UC.  So if you are doing this remotely through a VPN there is always a chance that you will lose your connection.  If you need additional information on the Multisite manger please let me know.

Thank you,

Jason Nickle