Views
Helpful
Replies

uc520 crashed

ELIE IBRAHIM
Level 1
Level 1

hello

i have a UC520W-8U-4FXO-K9 without any notice all ip phones became down and network connection lost on PCs connected, checking the device all leds are normal, i turned off an then on seemed like booting normally but no power on phones, i connected a console cable and found the device is in  rommon mode with error - on file open boot: cannot load "flash:uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.150-1.XA3a"

enterring commond dir flash:  there are no boot image in flash, i had to donwload a new image and copied it to flash using my pc external adapter, after powering on the device with image copied to flash everything seemed normal

do anyone have any idea why it crashed and how come the boot image got deleted, do i need to change the flash is it getting old

2 Replies 2

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have had the same UC520 for well over a year. I have never seen that issue. I dont know if there are crash logs on the flash that Cisco may be able to assist you to pull them off and understand if it was a hardware or software issue.

Are you back up and running now? If you need any help let me know, as I have performed this install from scratch many many times.

Thanks

Brian

thank you Brian

yes it is up and running normally now, but i am afraid that it will crash again