cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 CUE Install

thalfpop1
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried reloading and installing with the boot helper, but everytime I session to it I get this error:

ReiserFS: warning: is_tree_node: node level 0 does not match to the expected one 3
ReiserFS: hda1: warning: vs-5150: search_by_key: invalid format found in block 32803. Fsck?
ReiserFS: hda1: warning: vs-13070: reiserfs_read_locked_inode: i/o failure occurred trying to find stat data of [1 2 0x0 SD]
ReiserFS: hda1: Using r5 hash to sort names
ReiserFS: hda1: found reiserfs format "3.6" with standard journal
ReiserFS: hda1: using ordered data mode
ReiserFS: hda1: journal params: device hda1, size 8192, journal first block 18, max trans len 1024, max batch 900, max commit age 30, max trans age 30
ReiserFS: hda1: checking transaction log (hda1)

Any ideas?

17 Replies 17

thalfpop1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks again guys!  Have a great evening!

Tyler,

Did you find a replacement CompactFlash card that worked correctly with the UC520? If so, what kind of CompactFlash card did you get working with the UC520? I want to be sure to get a CompactFlash card that will work with the CUE module on the UC520.

Thanks,

John Platts

Torsten Jahnke
Level 1
Level 1

To install the UC-8.2.0 firmware you don't need to upgrade the CFCard anyway. Everything can be stored on the card because there is enough space on it.

How to do? Let's assume that you will install the device from scratch and install everything by default. Don't forget - you can do backups and restore them from everything of the box. But at the moment I don't care about this.

1. IOS to FACTORY DEFAULT

Within the UC520-8.2.0.zip package you will find the "default factory configurations" for your device. DO NOT EXTRACT THIS ZIP FILE!!! Just grab the default config and DO NOT MODIFY IT!!!

1. Backup your current config to the flash
  2. Copy the default config to your CFCARD
  3. Copy default config from CFCARD to startup-config
  4. Reload

2. RESET ISE

FYI - there is also an option to backup/restore everything within the CUE. Please think about bevore you reset the ISE

1. Service-module Integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session. (Hit ‘enter’ twice to get a prompt).
  2. Type ‘offline’ to go into the offline mode
  3. Type in ‘y’ when you are prompted with ‘Are you sure you want to go offline[n]?’
  4. Type in ‘restore factory default’
  5. Type in ‘y’ when you are prompted with ‘Do you wish to continue[n]?’
  6. Press the Enter key when prompted to ‘Press any key to reload:’ (This reset can take 5-10 minutes. Wait until the CUE message ‘SYSTEM ONLINE’ is displayed before proceeding.)
  7. Exit the CUE by typing ‘exit’

3. Update the UC-520

Don't care about IP Addressing or anything else within the default config. Just open CCA and connect to your box.

IP: 192.168.10.1 - user/pw: cisco

Disable your Windows firewall and everything else which might cause problems with connection.

1. Assign a fixed IP to your windows box. (192.168.10.11)
  2. Now go choose CCA - Maintenance - Software Upgrade - UC520
  3. Select the UC520-8.2.0.zip at the first line file and your favourite language pack or packs at the second line
  4. CLOSE ALL RUNNING TFTP SERVER (!!!!!) - AND DOUBLE CHECK THE FIREWALL SETTINGS
  5. NOW CLICK OK
  6. CCA will have an internal TFTP server which will be used for the upgrade
  7. Now let's rumble and after aprox. 45 Minutes your box is up to date

With the 8.2.0 Software Update, the german language pack and 3 CISCO Phones firmware I will have on the 128MB card still 80MB free of space.

Thanks a lot!

Torsten Jahnke
founder and inventor of keweonDNS