Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 with a broken Auto Attendant only

jbarrow
Level 1
Level 1

So here's the scenario:

Customer UC520 working fine for some time, AA working just fine as planned on business schedules, etc...

Client becomes victim of Toll Fraud, contacts us to review the configuration for propoer protection.

Unit running 8.0 Software Pack.

Firewall not currently deployed "tight enough" though this client is using POTS only and no remote users, not a huge issue, but lets fix

Apply firewall rules to all associated interfaces, and edit ACL104 to allow us continued access

All seems good till the next day we learn that no calls are being recieved, outbound calls process fine

We realize then that calls actually are being recieved, but since the site uses Auto Atttendant functionality for all calls, they don't ring at desks.

That was 4 days ago, and we still can't get the AA to answer any incoming calls, however, voicemail does work as do MWI and transfers to.

Auto Attendant still doesn't work.

We've even updated the Software Pack, somewhat painfully to V8.2 and reset the CUE multiple times, we've checked the old DTMF-Relay settings and had the users test dialing the AA extention. nothing works, sometimes the AA extention is busy, other times it's dead air with the standard if you'd like to make a call message after some time. With AA engaged on an external dialin, the phone just rings through the phone companies hunt order without ever being recognized by the system AA.

We've even recreated the AA and repointed it to a different extension to no avail.

I'm retiscent to believe that it's a hardware problem since the VM works perfectly fine when an answered call is manually transferred to an extension, but since the AA doesn't pickup, thats the only method for a caller to leave a message.

We've temporarily setup a call blast group and selected a few phones to be a member of that blast group so that at least they can recieve calls, but the client doesn't view this as ideal.

I'm completely stumped on this - and yes, we've disabled FW completely and retested, with no luv, so I don't think its a FW issue. Only thing we haven't done is a factory reset, but I hate having to do that since a recovery wouldn't necessarily bring us back into shape.

BTW - this was all done via CLI and CCA 3.2

Can anybody maybe try to shed some light on this is

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check for duplicate dial-peers.

Can take some "debug ccsip message" with "term mon", to pinpoint the difference between failed and succesful calls.

Hey Paolo,

Thanks for the reply, I don't see ny duplicate dial peers, but I'm about to run the debug as you've suggested, I'll post the responses as I recieve them.