cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520

jaime madruga
Level 1
Level 1

I have a used UC520-16 unit that I'm trying to setup I have some CP 524 G phones and when I pluged them in they keep intiating, but never finish.

Also I have a Lynksys SPA 942 phone that finish intiating, but it doesn't have dial tone.

Aren't phones suppose to work right out of the box on the UC520, at least have dial tone?

21 Replies 21

yeah,  apply default is factory reset.   Please try upgrade with that and auto format flash.

how do i do the auto formar flash part?

Click the black circled button (BEFORE) you browse to the SW pack is what I am saying....

This is exactly what I did last time and it just hangs between 97 and 99%

OK, at this point I think its time to open a case with TAC.  I tried :-)

There is one last thing you can try, and that is remove some really big phone loads from flash.

(you didnt provide the very bottom of the dir flash:, which shows space remaining, but I suspect you dont have enough space and this could be causing the issue)

Removing these loads wont impact existing phones, since they already have their loads (old at that as well).

If this is a production system, dont try this, just call TAC.  But if you can be comfortable about causing an outage, then you can try this.

Basically delete those very big phone loads from flash so you have at least 20% flash free and then try CCA again.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jaime,

If you are willing to take things to the next level (TAC as Steve has pointed out). If you are not quite prepared to take it to that level just yet you can do one of the following.

• Remove the CF card from the system and use a card reader on your computer to access it, this way you can remove and re-organize the file on the card with ease, however note that creating a directory on the CF card in a windows environment will result in the folder name being in upper case when inserted back into the UC, avoid creating directories in the windows environment and do it on the UC itself.
  • Delete the current IOS residing on the card and put on the new one from the software pack, also use the factory default .CFG file that is appropriate for your system and put that on the CF card and then apply it to the system ("ROUTER# copy start" this will default the system, but do not write mem after doing it), you will need to reload to apply the new IOS and to also apply the default config.
  • Delete all Phone loads not in use, taking up room on the card is a wasted excercise and will result in vairable failures

Keep in mind the above are not supported methods by Cisco, I can get away with providing you instructions on doing the above, but it is highly unlikely the Cisco reps on here will, you also might not get support on here for doing so, however TAC might even ask you to do the above, but this is then supported by them and is under their instructions.

Do the above at your own risk and only if you are confident to carry it out, if you have any hesitations what so ever then stop and take your issues to TAC immediately, avoid putting yourself in a world of hurt.

Hope you get the system to the state you are wanting it in, and you begin enjoying its fruits.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

THank you both for all your help.