cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 and Jabber

DesaHonduras
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks, i have a quick question... i need someone to point me in the right direction.

Here in our office we have an UC560 with 12 SPA525G2, a SG 300-52 Switch and an AP541N for the Wireless.

At this moment we don't have a remote site yet (not VPN yet on the UC560).... and my boss just told me to get Jabber for Mac/Windows working to have IM/VideoCalls on the workstations, i'm not 100% sure that with only the UC560 we can make it run as i read somewhere we need the Cisco Unified Communications Manager first to put the Jabber.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Do we need to buy additional software/hardware? Which one?

I also read about Jabber For Everyone which seems to be free with the buy of CUCM.

Thank you for your help in advance and sorry for my terrible english as i don't use it very much.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Hernandez wrote:

Greetings

Please open the pictures attach to this message, maybe have the answer that you are looking for

Best Regards,

Daniel Hernandez

That is only slideware. They say it works with CME, then you find it doesn't work with UC500, or that has more limitations than features, or one has to buy expensive additional components, etc.

We keep waiting.

View solution in original post

skavlekar
Level 1
Level 1

Saul,

I was told by Cisco that Jabber works with the higher CM's, not with the UC500 series. With the UC500, the IM/presence component is available through the call connector. there is a free tool bar available plus to get full functionality, you have to buy the call connector licenses.

thks

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

There is a forum for this, right now Jabber for everyone is only with Call Manager.

Jabber will work with CME but it is not supported on the UC5x0 systems yet. I have heard it is not on the roadmap as well as it will be available in Q1 2013 so I'm not sure what to believe.

You kind of have to watch multiple fourms to see what's happening, Webex, Jabber Clients, and the Collaboration forum.

If anyone from Cisco has better insight, please post here.

Bob James

Bob:

As far as I know -- Jabber is NOT supported on CME... where have you seen different?

Only Jabber for iPhone seems to be available for CME -or- UC500. (and even then, only the "soft phone" component)

Danaly1977
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings

Please open the pictures attach to this message, maybe have the answer that you are looking for

Best Regards,

Daniel Hernandez

Daniel Hernandez wrote:

Greetings

Best Regards,

Daniel Hernandez

That is only slideware. They say it works with CME, then you find it doesn't work with UC500, or that has more limitations than features, or one has to buy expensive additional components, etc.

We keep waiting.

skavlekar
Level 1
Level 1

Saul,

I was told by Cisco that Jabber works with the higher CM's, not with the UC500 series. With the UC500, the IM/presence component is available through the call connector. there is a free tool bar available plus to get full functionality, you have to buy the call connector licenses.

thks