Helpful
Replies

UC560, ESW300 and SFE2010p

graeme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I asked previously about making an SFE2010P work with a UC560

the suggestions given didnt work, and now we ended up setting it up with the right DHCP options on the Windows server so that the phones ran off the data VLAN 1 and got the 10.1.1.1 TFTP server address

It worked till we tried to add new phones, and then they would not upgrade their firmware just sit at the upgrading firmware do not touch screen.

I tried to reset this switch up with the proper VLANs, and ended up with no phones working, set it back the way it was and again no phones working.

So as a fix we put the ESW back in, and everything sprung to life the issues is the ESW only has 24 ports, and that iss why the customer bought the SFE2010 as it had 48 ports.

I have now daisy chained the SFE off the ESW and still cannot get the SFE to work.

What is the best way to do this?

If I connect straight to the UC expansion ports, the witht he SFE configured for VLANs the UC wants the smartport set to IP Phone + Desktop, and it doesnt work.

If I get rid of the VLANS and leave it as Default VLAN 1, then the UC wants it set as a swtich.

Either way nothing plugged into the SFE other than a PC works.

Help.

1 Reply 1

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Graeme,

I am not sure what has been tested/tried before, but this is what should be setup:

VLANS setup on the switch, applied to the switchports - 1 untagged, 100 tagged.

Trunk port setup between the UC560 and the switch.

Then the phones with have to be manually set to VLAN 100 as the voice VLAN.  (That switch does not support CDP, so the phones would try to register on VLAN 1 if not specifically told what the voice VLAN is.)

Thank you,

Darren