cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 hands free speaker

junfeng.chen
Level 1
Level 1

We are gonna implement a new UC560 in our school.  We‘ve bought a uc560 and SPA502G. We are used to  "hands free speaker function" in present

Basically it just calls others without answering the phone when someone is not close to it.

I learnt from this community there are intercom functions most close to the solution.But when I try to config I found that SPA502G has only 1 button definition and cann't be assigned with extra button of intercom.

Does someone know is it hopeless to meet this need?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Christian: I am not sure this is what he wants -- it sounds like he wants to use intercom between internal extensions, not auto-answer all calls on headset.

Junfeng: This can be accomplished using an overlay to stack an extension and an intercom extension on the same button. I am not sure if CCA can do this at this point. (It can do overlays, but I am not sure if it can overlay intercoms)

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

you can use the auto-answer function. But I'm not sure if it only connect to an headset and not to the speaker, just give it a try.

ephone-dn 1

number 100

ephone 1

button 1:1

headset auto-answer line 1

And then you need to press the headset button once on the ephone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeanswr.html

Please rate helpful posts.

- Please rate helpful posts -

Christian: I am not sure this is what he wants -- it sounds like he wants to use intercom between internal extensions, not auto-answer all calls on headset.

Junfeng: This can be accomplished using an overlay to stack an extension and an intercom extension on the same button. I am not sure if CCA can do this at this point. (It can do overlays, but I am not sure if it can overlay intercoms)

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

Daniel,you answer is the most near to my demand. I test it and it can work anyway. But still has some shortcomings.

1   Everyone has to use another extension for intercom.

2   The ip phone cannot display incoming name when in intercom.

3   don't know how to customize the alart sound when intercom is coming( now when intercom is coming, we hear a sound beep)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: