cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC5XX with SIP TRUNK

rnoboa1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we´re desingning a voice solution for a customer that has 3 companies in a same building (same location). Each company is going to receive a SIP TRUNK and have it´s own auto attendant. We´re thinking to use an UC540 for each company and interconect these (3) UC540 that are going to be in the same LAN. I have these questions please:

1. Is there any limitation with the number of channels that each SIP trunk could receive?

2. Could you please send us information about how to work with UC540 + SIP TRUNKS?

3. Could you please send us information about how to interconect the UC540 in the same Lan but in different Vlans? The goal is that the calls between the companies can be done by the LAN.

Tks!!

Rodrigo Noboa

2 Replies 2

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Rodrigo,

1. Is there any limitation with the number of channels that each SIP trunk could receive?

Only that of what the ITSP imposes on you, some ITSP's depending on where you are will give you up too 100 channels if the environment is right I.E bandwidth requirements are meet. But the UC-500 can only support 2X SIP trunks maximum which allows you to have more than one ITSP for resilience if you like.

2. Could you please send us information about how to work with UC540 + SIP TRUNKS?

You don't really need any information on this, CCA (Cisco Configuration Assistant) will set this up for you and in most cases without any issues, if your ITSP does not have a template in CCA then you can use the Generic one which works in the majority of cases, further to that if you make sure your system has a SBCS contract on it, you can then also get configuration assistance from SBCS support engineers who are in most cases quite helpful.

3. Could you please send us information about how to interconect the  UC540 in the same Lan but in different Vlans? The goal is that the calls  between the companies can be done by the LAN.

This is achievable but with the following caveats:

1) You may not be able to use CCA Multi-Site manager to do this for you, having not done it myself this way I am going to assume you will have to enter in Dial-Peers manually, but with an SBCS engineer assisting you to do this it will be achievable and without breaking CCA as well.

2) Each site must be on a different subnet and in different VLAN's.

3) You will need the ability to route between VLAN's and as such I would recommend a switch/router that can support inter-vlan-routing and all 3 devices connected to it so they can all talk to each other.

Don't attempt this on your own if you are not sure how to do it or how it works with the UC's and with CCA, if you paid for the support contract then make sure you seek the assistance of the support engineers, they will ensure you get it right and will be able to navigate you through the rough terrain (In most cases).

Hope this info helps...

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thank you!! pls in UPPERCASE 2 more questions:

Only that of what the ITSP imposes on you, some ITSP's depending on where you are will give you up too 100 channels if the environment is right I.E bandwidth requirements are meet. But the UC-500 can only support 2X SIP trunks maximum which allows you to have more than one ITSP for resilience if you like.

DO WE NEED TO BUY LICENSES FOR THE CHANNELS IN THE SIP TRUNK? 

3. Could you please send us information about how to interconect the  UC540 in the same Lan but in different Vlans? The goal is that the calls  between the companies can be done by the LAN.

This is achievable but with the following caveats:

1) You may not be able to use CCA Multi-Site manager to do this for you, having not done it myself this way I am going to assume you will have to enter in Dial-Peers manually, but with an SBCS engineer assisting you to do this it will be achievable and without breaking CCA as well.

WHY WE COULD NOT DO THIS IN THE CCA?

thank you very much!