cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS320 not working with my SPA 504G cisco phones, vlan changes, and 504G keep Rebooting

apple0007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have problems get the SPA 504G working with the newly delivered UC320W.

UC320wsoftware newest version 2.3.2(6)

SPA firmware 7.4.7 v32

one of uc320w lan port  is connected to sge 2010p via trunk link with vlan 1 and vlan 100 tagged allowed.

spa 504 g is connected to the sge 2010p trunk port with vlan 1 and vlan 100 tagged allowed.

the process is as the following:

1. set spa504 to default factory.

2. set network ---enable vlan ------y

vlan id ----100

3  CDP ----y

4 user profile---none, ( I don't know how to define it. I assume the spa 504g will get the file from uc320).

5 uc320 in topology choice I choose to use only voice network. and I choose a data network  ip address as 192.168.1.240

Then the SPA will reboot automatically, strangely enough, the SPA500 do not register  to UC320, and from the uc320w. just keep keep rebooting again and again.

6 I checked the rebooting history in SPA 504G, which says the reason of rebooting is "VLAN CHANGED"

for the first time rebooting it show checking dns. at this time, I check it get the ipaddress 10.1.1.11 (the default ) dhcp pool defined by uc320w. that means uc320w dhcp works. yet after 2 or 3 times rebooting, i check the network again, the vlan changed from vlan100 to vlan 1 and enable vlan  turns to "no", I just don't get what is happing here.

I reset the spa504g back to factory default, the whole process above repeated

Thanks in advance for helping

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Rex, this is likely a switch issue. I would recommend to buy a SG200, SG300 or SG500 to use with these products since it supports cdp and auto voice vlan.

For the current set up, I think the issue is port fast /  edge port.  Trying to disable the spanning tree edge port for all the ports connecting to phones and the uc320.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Rex, this is likely a switch issue. I would recommend to buy a SG200, SG300 or SG500 to use with these products since it supports cdp and auto voice vlan.

For the current set up, I think the issue is port fast /  edge port.  Trying to disable the spanning tree edge port for all the ports connecting to phones and the uc320.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thomas:

Thank you very much for your help, it works , actually I enabled the portfast on my port connecting the 504g, Then it works A ok.

Regard