Views
Helpful
Replies

UK - ata spa 122

manuscript1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a brand new spa122 ATA

I have setup all IP and network elements all connected ok . I have configured sip to teh proxy and I can see sip packets going back and forth although device dies not look "registered " .

Problem i hav eis ai have a basic POTS phone in Line 1 with a 4 wire rj11.   The ata detetcs the phone going on and off hook. ( when off hook line 1 flashed green and the ata gui says off hook for line 1 ) . however the light for line 1 is off when phone onhook  and i get no dial tone.

I have replaced the RJ11 line cable and I have replaced the pots phone so i cannot see that is a cable and or phone issue .

Is it because my phone isnt registered or is the local signalling to phone local .....

has anyone seen this before ?

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well - as long as registration is required by your SIP provider, it's the issue your device is not registered.  Moreover, if you ordered phone to register, but it's not registered, it's not ready for calls - thus - no dial tone.

So I assume the failing registration is the primary cause.

Unfortunately, it may have so many causes - wrong name or password, NAT or firewall isssue ...

Turn on debugging of voice application and catch SIP packets related to registration. It may reveal more.

Hi dan - thanks for the reply

i have fixed nearly ( one way dialling and call at the mo ) but it was a combination of UK settings on the ata on line 1 ( not US ) and using the **** IVR to get the line up . Although the IBVR options list I have doesnt work entirely 100# 101# dont work so assume tehse have changed if anyone knows them ...

I'm not so familiar with IVR style of configuration. There are so many issues with it. Consider to use WWW UI to configure it.