Views
Helpful
Replies

How can i transfer landline through 2 x Linksys PAP2T

George Georgios
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

i know the use of Linksys PAP2T devices but somewhere i've read that i can transfer landline (through lan) with someway...

Is it possible and how ?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With PAP2T ? No way as far as I know. It have just two FXS ports, but no one FXO port. Thus you have no plug to connect incoming POTS analog line to.

Read What is the difference between the FXS and FXO voice cards to become familiar with FXO versus FXS port difference.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With PAP2T ? No way as far as I know. It have just two FXS ports, but no one FXO port. Thus you have no plug to connect incoming POTS analog line to.

Read What is the difference between the FXS and FXO voice cards to become familiar with FXO versus FXS port difference.

Thanks for the answer..

Yes i know that have only FXS... but i ve read something (can't found it) with firmware that are compatible with PAP2T and make it work as server fxo, do you know something ?

Confirming Dan Lukes' post, you have to have an adapter with an FXO port.  The PSTN landline uses an analog signal, the local network cabling uses a digital signal.  They are completely different.  You need an adapter like the SPA3102 which has an FXO port and can then forward the call using a voip protocol thru a LAN to a distant PAP2T.

You have totally right... you and Dan..

Thanks for the answers!