cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail box full notification options

jef_rat72
Level 1
Level 1

In the UC540, is there a way to notify the caller that the VM box they are recording to is full, prior to hitting # for options?

From what I have found, only if you hit # and try to choose an option do you get notified of VM being full.

Otherwise this senerio seems to happen:

VMailbox 1234 is set for 90 minutes, it has 89 minutes on it since user is on vacation and no one is clearing it.  Client calls, gets VM, records a 1:01 minute message and hangs up none the wiser their VM to the person they are trying to reach is just dropped.

Is there a way to remedy this?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jef,

Not that I am aware of or have seen...

But in saying that, you could always setup up IMAP and extract the VM, this should clear up the space and prevent something like that happening, that way when this person gets back of Holidays they will be able to listen to all their Voice Mails... Alternativley, if they give you permission you could also listen to them so you can notify the caller of that person being on vacation.

Just a thought..

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David, thanks for the reply.

It is a fictitious example, I should of stated that. 

The point being though is why is there not notification given to the caller?

I just find it odd it isn't automatic.

Joel