cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Boxes

donald.janke
Level 1
Level 1

The user voicemail system has four different recordings a user can make...name, busy, unavailable, and name.  I have noticed if you bypass a recording by pressing a # you will get a default message from the system with is fine.  How do you set the recording you would like the system will use? If you setup an unavailable message it will that for your message.

4 Replies 4

Hi Donald,

Customizing the system voicemail prompts is not a supported feature.  If you want something other than the system default, the user will need to record the message.

Chris

I am not looking to customize the prompts.  When I user first sets up their box, the system asks for them to record 4 prompts.  But the system only will use the default or the unvailable recording. It does not give the user an option of what recording to use, so why should they be forced to make them.   If you record you name, it will still use the default message " please leave a message after the tone"  But if you record an unvailable message it will be used  as their message.  So what I am trying to get at is why does the user have the option for four recordings but no option of which one to use.

Is there a way for the user to choose one of the recrodings they make?

Hi Donald,

We have a known bug where the unavailable message is played even when the user is "Busy" or on the phone.  The recorded name is only used if the Unavailable and Busy greetings are not recorded.  I have pinged the engineering team on these issues.

Thanks,

Chris