Views
Helpful
Replies

When plugging UC320W lan port to another Switch, network stalls

lap
Level 1
Level 1

Hello People,

I decided to change the topology to let a 3rd party DHCP server (SBS 2011) handle DHCP. After applying the changes, I plug the network cable between the UC320W and the Linksys/Cisco SRW2016 Gigabit switch. Soon after the whole network stalls.

It's like a collision storm, can't ping anything-no connectivity at all. The only way to get the network back is to unplug the network cable between the UC320W and the Linksys switch. But I had to reboot the UC320W as well - cannot access the web interface or ping the UC320W.

I tried different topologies with no difference. No matter what I do, if I plug the network cable from one of the lan ports to the Linksys switch, the whole network stalls.

The only setting I have changed recently is the SBS 2011 DHCP server, I added option 150 and pointed it to the voice vlan IP.

Any suggestions?

1 Reply 1

Hi Lap,

Suggest giving the Deploying UC300 with Windows SBS document a read.  The Windows SBS server should be the DHCP server for the DATA vlan/subnet not the voice vlan.  If you are still having problems after reviewing the document, please post a topology diagram.   http://www.diagram.ly/    is a pretty powerful webtool for building quick diagrams.

Cheers,

Chris