cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows Jabber Client

focusonit
Level 1
Level 1

Is it a relatively simple process to install and active Windows Jabber Clients?

I'm assuming this document isnt related to the BE3k:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_0100.html#JABW_TP_C4564CF3_00

I have purchased JAB9-DSK-LIC and adjunct licenses

I've created a new Phone:

For configuration specific to Cisco Jabber clients, make sure to do the following:

• Choose Cisco Unified Services Client as the Phone Type

• Enter a unique name for the Cisco Jabber client in the Identifier field on the Add a Phone window. The Identifier is the name that Cisco Business Edition 3000 assigns to the Cisco Jabber client. The XML device configuration file that the TFTP service sends to the Cisco Jabber client during the registration process is given the name you assign in this field.

I've installed Jabber for Windows:  9.0.4

The client starts up and asks for either a WebEx server or Cisco Unified Presence Server (Both ask for a username and password)

I'm assuming that I select Unified Presence Server and the IP of the BE3000

Where does the username and password come from?

22 Replies 22

Hi Andrew,

I  finally got this Jabber client working with WebEx accounts, and also enabled  "enable the call manager integration with Cisco Webex Connect"  by Webex team.  Now I can see the "Phone accounts" option on the Cisco jabber client. But when I typed in username and password, I kept getting Invalid username or password" error message, even though  I added a phone with phone type=Cisco Unified Service Client" and Identifier = "CSFX300" ( according to Sanjay's document, identifier = CSF"userid")

My question is what exactly the username and password I should type in ? 

hi billy,

if we are  validating phone accounts userid and passoword then this will be authenticated based on the phone assoicated user page user id and Password.

Where did you find the

"enable the call manager integration with Cisco Webex Connect"  by Webex team.

I can login using the Windows webex client but dont have the option for Phone etc...

Were do I get this server address: (From Sanjays document) - It works using default but the Phone menus are not available in the Jabber application.

Enter the Server address that you receive from Webex Service. Click Save Enter the username and password that you received.
Click on Sign-In

At this time, you should be signed in to the Jabber Client. You can add Contacts using File -> New-> Contact

I noticed I had to do this from the WebEx Connect Admin portal:

We had ordered the correct options as we have the option to enable Cisco UC Manager integration with WebEx Connect

The 'Missing step' I believe is to Create a new cluster with the "Enable Cisco UC Manager Integration with Cisco WebEx Connect" AND THEN select the user and then select add to the new Cluster under the communications tab (under edit user)

Ensure that the Jabber clients has fully 'Exited' via the Windows System task bar and then fully re-load/re-connect to enable the addition menus…

We ordered the correct options too but Cisco doesn't enable for you automatically. I need to contact Webex team to ask them to enable this option then you can select "enable the call manager integration with Cisco Webex Connect" , otherwise you can only have first option which is "enable cisco webex connect click-to-call'

focusonit
Level 1
Level 1

WOW - Finally have it up and running  - what a drama!

Now for what seems a really stupid question after all the other hoops I've been through!

How do you add a contact - you type a name and it says not found?

I want to add contacts for the other staff so that I can press to dial them/view their phone status?

You need some sort of directory services which can be integrated with  the Jabber client using LDAP for it to search contacts when u are  adding them.

Sanjay

Sorry can you explain further?

The Jabber WebEx Client can communicate with other instant chat clients/platforms 'out of the box' and you would also 'assume' that the client can call other extensions on the phone system - again how are they added so you can click on a user to dial their extension. When a user on the system calls their name etc is displayed - this information needs to be added as a contact.

In the presentation there were users coming from gmail.com - how are they added?

Setting up a LDAP server was NEVER part of any presentation nor is part of a phone system install.