cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIP310 setup

tariq_iqbal
Level 1
Level 1

I bought a WIP310 any now it is setup to work with sip.nonoh.net.  I can make calls without any issues. But I cannot receive any call. When I receive a call my nonoh softphone will ring but wip310 will not ring.  How can I set it up so that it will ring when I receive a call at sip.nonoh.net?  Information in its manual about setting it it up is almost zero. Where can I find a detailed manual to use this with a sip account like sip.nonoh.net?  thanks

6 Replies 6

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi tariq_iqbal,

Phone docs are listed on the Community at: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-2148

The WIP310 is very similar to the SPA9xx and SPA5xx IP phone configuration. The only difference is that you must first configure the WIP310's wifi access.

I'm not familiar with the nonoh service, but the bring your own device (BYOD) VoIP service providers that I've worked with, only allow one registered device per account. Make sure that the WIP310 is the only device registered to the nonoh service and then it should ring when a call comes in to nonoh.

When a call is received by a service provider, their SIP proxy sends a SIP INVITE to the registered device, causing the device to ring.

Take a look at the WIP310 web-UI to determine if the WIP310 is properly registered to nonoh.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

marcoakr8
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tariq,

Please can you post how you managed to get the WIP310 to register with NoNoh? I am trying to register my WIP310 with VoipCheap.com which is a sister company of NoNoh so I imagine the configuration will be very similar. So far I have been unsuccessful and I am extremely interested in hearing back from you on how you achieved this.

Thanks,

Marco.

These phones are designed for enterprise applications but they will work with individual SIP accounts.  Once you figure out how to set up your account on the phone I have found that they work very well.

Your account will consist of three basic pieces of information.

1. your SIP number or ID

2. your password

3. the SIP server of your provider

Most of this information is entered in the EXT tab of the phone GUI.  Some providers use a proxy server and some do not.  Regardless, all of the server info goes into the proxy & registration section of the EXT tab.  The user ID (number) and password goes below that in the Subscriber Information section.  You need to assign a specific SIP port within the range given (5060 to 5080) and open that on your router for the phone's address (use a static IP for the phone).  You also need to assign a specific range of RTP ports and I would suggest a range from 16384 to 16482, this is done in the SIP tab.  Open (forward) these ports on your router to the phone's address.  Finally, in the System tab, use 4.2.2.2 for the primary DNS and 4.2.2.4 as the secondary.  These are the basic settings that you need to configure to get the phone to register.  The timeserver, ring tones and dial tone are other options that you will want to configure after you get it working

Parrot

Hi Parrot,

Thanks for the help. Although I was able to setup up WIP310 and use for now more than a month but I still have one issue.

Many time it give a busy signal to an incoming call. I have to switch it off and on to get in working again. If I am using a soft phone

on my computer then I do not face this issue. How can I make sure that it always respond to an incoming call?  thanks  Tariq

Hello and you are welcome.  It is hard to get specific with questions like this because everyone's network setup is usually different.

For starters I would dowload the administrator manual from the link above and check the part that tells you how to discover what kind of firewall your router is using.  Then you may have to go in and change some settings in the NAT section on the GUI.

From my own personal experience the type of router that you are using has a lot to do with the successful operation of your SIP-Voip system.  In one instance I was using a USR modem-router and had all kinds of trouble getting SIP accounts to register on various phones.  I ditched that unit and got a WRT54GL and reflashed it with DD-WRT (a standard build).  They even have Voip specific versions of DD-WRT but these are designed for larger telephony operations, the standard version usually works well for home use.  After I changed the router I never had any trouble setting up the SIP accounts and getting them to register on different phones.  I have a WIP310 up and running at home with a WRT54GL and I have had no issues with it at all.  It is running version 5.0.11 of the software and I have seen none of the drop-out and registration issues that I have read about in another thread.

I hope that this helps...

Hi

I was able to set that up using the instruction link provided by Patrick. 

Thanks  Tariq