Views
Helpful
Replies

WRP400 stops responding after browsing certain websites

rgp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi support

We are a danish ISP who use Linksys RTP300 and WRP400 routers as CPE equitment. Trough our Danish Cisco contact (Henrik Bønnelycke) we have been told to discuss our prolems with the WRP400 router here.

Our problem is that the router seems quite unstable at many customers (who have no problem with RTP300). In the last few months we have been forced to replace a large amount of routes because the WRP400 just router stops responding (Cannot ping LAN+WAN interface, phone dead) while browsing certain websites fx. http://www.nordjyske.dk. At the time we are not able to repoduce the error here i the office and the problem are only at some customers.

At the begining we testet if the customers NIC was the source to the failure but as I see it it is not the case. We have tryid to exchange the customers NIS card and the problem was the same. Together with the fact that it works with a RTP300 router we must conclude something must be wrong with the WRP400.

From my point of view the problem could be related to the router content filter, activex filter or something like that when all the customers all have the problem on certain websites.

Please help we replaces 10-20 WRP400 routes every week right now and have no faith let for the WRP400 router.

Danmark.

René Gjerlev Pedersen

Driftstekniker

Bredbåndnord I/S

218 Replies 218

What is the beta version you refered to? Is the WRP400_v1.01.01_000_021210_1724_beta.bin? There is a newest file for us? We have more then 1000 WRP400 installed and many othe in our warehouse.

Thanks.

That's the test build.  How has it worked for you?

We aren't a beta tester and neither our customers....
Anyway I've upgraded about 1000 WRP400 with beta firmware. I'll give you a feedback in a few days.

The beta firmware solves cut off audio problem.
Upload issues are still present. After some days WRP reduces its performance.

News about this?

Thanks.

After some days there are new problems. :-(
Audio cut off is fixed but many customers encountered fax issues. We use only G711 codec and G711 fax pass through mode in a Fiber To The Home network.
With new firmware version fax has trouble to be sent from WRP400 (no problem in receiving fax).
We have verified that in some case fax fails during initial fase, apparently during V21 negotiation or immediately after.

Is there a release note of this beta fw version?

What is your suggestion?

We hope in a definitly stable firmware.
Plese give us a feedback.

I've forwarded your info to the developers.  When I receive info from them, I've reply back, thank you.

I confirm that the firmware downgrade to version 1.01.00 restores normal fax working.
I pray you to press your collegues to solve this problems. We work with WRP400 and our customers are very dissatisfied.

...new problems every day...

The fax problem couldn't be reproduced in house.  Please email the config of the unit to nseto at cisco.com so I can share with the test team.  Easiest way is to use your web browser and log into the voice side as admin/advanced and do a Save As and save the file as html file.  Thank you.

My email is jlynndani@gmail.com.  I look forward to using the beta.

Thank you

lennert1986
Level 1
Level 1

Hi..

I have the same problem with the no responding.. Especially when I download Bittorrents. And it means lots of open ports.

Sometimes it can take 5 minutes, others serveral hours before it stops responding. Typically if I surf together same time, so stop it.

I would like to test the beta, i would come whit a result soon.

Lennert1986@msn.com

Nicklas
Denmark

ISP = Skagennet.dk

reinhardhansen
Level 1
Level 1

I suffered with the WRP400 problems for a long time.. firmware update did not help... and eventually I gave up.

This is what I did to resolve the problems: I got a new router with wireless (Apple Airport). My WRP400 is connected to my new router and I use it for VOIP with everything else disabled. In addition, I use a power timer that turns it off-and-on every night. This has eliminated my problems. I have only lost the voice during a call once since adopting this solution.

lennert1986
Level 1
Level 1

Try this mail

lennert1986@tdcadsl.dk

lennert1986@msn.com

You must all have a happy new year..

Best Regards
Nicklas

lennert1986
Level 1
Level 1

I have big problems whit Intel PRO/Wireless 2000BG wireless cards. The laptops has the latest driver and updates installed in windows XP.

The laptops gets disconnected every 10-15 seconds and then it connects again. Works fine on wrt54g........??

Your phone may still problems. A customer phoned from his mobile and told that there was only a busy tone in his home telephone just hours after I had updated the firmware to the beta. He can still surf the web. SIP provider is www.everlove.dk

lennert1986
Level 1
Level 1

Today when I came home from work, I could not find the router's SSID. So I had to restart it! (Firm 01.01.01)

Why not just release the encryption key for the firmware? Maybe the DD-WRT and OpenWrt people can fix the problem and then some of us can enjoy the router

lennert1986
Level 1
Level 1

ZZZZZ.................zzzzzzzzzzzzz...................ZZZZZZZZZZZZ..............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Something new???????????????