cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA502G replacement microphone

bakelite1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction for a hardware question?

A few years ago I bought a couple of Cisco IP phones (SPA502G) and they  have been brilliant, however I spilled water onto the base of one of  them and the built in "speakerphone" microphone in the case stopped  working.

As both these phones were out of guarantee, and I because I am a retired  telephone engineer (for 32 years) I decided to open the phones up, and I  found that I could repair the faulty phone by swapping the small  internal microphones around with my good phone, which is great (its  simply plugged into the main cct board). However I cant find out what  specification the faulty speakerphone microphone is. So my question is  where can I find the technical details of this speakerphone microphone  part ? So that I can buy an equivalent replacement from one of the  electronics shops such as rs-components in the UK.

I hope this makes sense and you can point me in the right direction.

Regards & thanks

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco doesn't publish or release this kind of information. So unfortunately you're on your own sourcing compatible parts.