cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Comcast Digital Voice hand-off to FXO ports?

jtreister
Level 1
Level 1

For a small scale solution requiring 3-4 POTS lines, can Comcast Digital Voice be used? If so, are there any gothcas for disabling features that are in conflict with the functionality of a UC500? 3-4 phone lines with unlimited calling without any additional features possible or practical? The handoff from Comcast Gateway are POTS lines which look like they could be connected to FXO ports.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

UC500 can work with any type of FXO circuit being it Comcast gateway or anything else.

I thought the CDV lines include features that woudl be redundant with a actual PBX (whether a UC500 or something else): voice-mail, call waiting, 3 way calling, call forwarding, etc. I am unsure if those features can somehow be removed from the lines.

Thus far our UC implementations have been with either a PRI or SIP trunks. I just want to make sure this will work perfectly as well. The Comcast pricing packages are compelling for many small businesses in our geo market.

Whatever features they come with, is not mandatory that one use it.

For more information about lines feature activation, consult with SP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: