Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Explain this Error: "Failed to authenticate with the device, using TELNET"

We are seeing this error (see attached photo) when trying to save changes in CCA (using 3.2).

Telneterror.jpg

Why does this appear?

Is there a why to correct it?

Please advise.  Thank you, Paul

2 Replies 2

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI Paul,

Is this only happening when in that particular section, or is this also happening when making adjustments/changes to phones?

I suspect CCA is having issues sessioning into the CUE, maybe a time-out issue as it appears to gets in there at first, but then seems to loose the connection and the session is hung? And the only way I am aware of to remove this is to clear the telnet session via CLI or use the debug console in CCA.

It might be a bug in CCA 3.2 and it does not have an error correction method to check for hung sessions and clear them.

I would suggest a case be logged on this just in case it is a bug

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Atanas G
Level 1
Level 1

Enable secret password must be same with user password

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: