Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make a call from different FXO lines

TomasJanusonis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are expierencing problems with FXO lines. We have all 4 analog lines connected. But when someone makes a call to outbound then the system automatically selects FXO 1 or 2 line. I need to make a solution that when a call from phone is made than a selected FXO line would be used. This is needed because we have 4 different companies using the same phone system and it is needed that outbound calls would be made through their company line and not through one company line.

4 Replies 4

Hi Tomas,

Currently in PBX mode, you can not select which FXO line is used for an outbound call.  One thing you can do though is to configure the system as pure Key System mode, where all of the FXO lines are provisioned as Shared FXO Lines (use for Outbound calls is unchecked).  Then for a user/company to make an outbound call they must explicity select their business' Shared FXO Line button.

Hope this helps.

Chris

The problem is that we have almost all phones that are 502G models. And they don't have extension buttons to make a FXO line selection. I need somehow to make that I could assign user to FXO port for outbound dialing, but it can't be done because it doesn't have extension buttons and we dont use service provider.

finalconnect
Level 3
Level 3

Key mode sounds like the best fit for the multiple company issue, but you could use the trunkgroup command on dial-peers as well as the FXO ports to control call flow and line selection order.

If you do want to stay in PBX mode, then you can split the four trunks up and assign each a separate steering digit. That way users's outbound calls will go out the line that corresponds to the steering digit they have been asked to use.

Cheers,

Dave.