cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI not Functioning

sreed
Level 1
Level 1

Reviewed all threads RE: MWI and I can't find any 'obvious' item to correct this problem

Attached are:

debug ccsip messages.txt
UC-520_CUE_sh_tech_10-27-16-35.log
UC-520_Sh_tech_10-27-16-31.log

One thing that I see that may be in question is the "ccn subsystem sip"  'gateway address "10.1.10.2"'. I'm not sure based on some of the other Threads if this is correct.

Question - If I change this Gateway to the VLAN 100 Gateway IP do I need to 'restart' the CUE/UC-520 with a reboot?

10 Replies 10

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Everything looks ok.  Can you do a few things for me?

Can you capture a debug voip dialpeer all?

Can you capture a show telephony-service dial-peer?

Debug Logs and show telephony-service dial-peer attached

Debug captured two incoming to different extensions.

The IP address you are using is fine.

I think the problem is how you are matching dial peers. 

Can you change dial-peer 1005 from

incoming called-number A80T

to

incoming called-number A80[0,1]...

dankennedy
Level 1
Level 1

If your using the default addressing you'll need to change the ccn subsystem sip gateway to 10.1.1.1.

You'll find the MWI will then work fine.

sreed
Level 1
Level 1

Dan

I tried that and it didn't make any difference. I also tried 10.1.10.1 which is the IP of the service-module ip address.
One point, I did not reboot after changing the ccn subsystem sip" 'gateway address from "10.1.10.2" to 10.1.1.1 and back.

Does the CUE place changes in effect immediately like the IOS or must you 'restart the CUE before the changes take effect.
I think they take effect immediately without requiring a reboot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steven

The configuration of this is the 'default' settings generated by the CCA .

I also see that that dial-peer is also targeting 10.1.10.1 which goes back to the Gateway IP Question I posted above

I also pulled a copy of the configuration from 10/5 when the MWI was working and that dial peer was configured identically then.

System History

This system was 'reset to factory default' "Tue Oct 20 2009" and the configuration reconstructed.

Initially the UC-520 was installed 'behind' an ASA and all NAT and Firewall settings were removed.

It was installed behind an ASA as the business was getting ready to relocate and needed to 'transfer/porting of the Main Business phone number' to the new phone system before relocating.

That previous configuration was done using CCA 2.0.

The business has completed the move and the UC WAN is now connected to the Internet directly in parallel to the ASA.

On Oct 20 I did a reset to Factory Default and completely reconstructed the configuration using CCA 2.1.
This was done because the NAT and Firewall settings did not correctly 'reinstall' causing routing/connectivity issues and the 'cleanest' way to to eliminate these issues was to do a reset to Factory Default and reconfigure.

No CLI changes were made.

After reconstructing was when the MWI stopped functioning.

As the order of the configuration was different (more optimized) the exact configurations before and after do not match line by line. I have done comparison of the function configurations and in the case of the MWI it appears the two configurations appear the same. I do not have a configuration for the CUE for the prior to the reset.

Can you attach your uc500 config and the output of sh run from the Unity module?

I'll should be able to work out whats wrong.

Thanks

Dan.

sreed
Level 1
Level 1

Attached to the original post

Put this in the voicemail module.

ccn subsystem sip
gateway address "10.1.1.1"
mwi envelope-info
dtmf-relay sip-notify
mwi sip outcall sub-notify
end subsystem

Save and reload.

Please test after this and let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Dan.

i had the same problem a few days again. I had to change my sip gateway to the loopback address of the cue ccn subsystem sip
gateway address "10.1.1.2"

after that, it scared the heck out of me. it also fixed my voicemail to email problem. and it will call cell phones to notify the users about voicemail

rosaho
Level 3
Level 3

Attachment has been removed to comply to the CSC terms of use conditions.