Views
Helpful
Replies

NexVortex Call Routing and Headers

Andy Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks,

I have begun using NexVortex as a SIP trunk provider for my UC320, and am considering deploying the service to several customers. One item I found unusual is that all inbound calls are presented to the UC320 with "+1" prepended to the inbound called number ID. This requires adding "+1" on the Inbound Calls page to properly route calls. My previous SIP provider (Triad Telecom) presented calls as the more expected 10-digit number only.

This is not a big deal, but the new CLID feature now automatically sends outbound calls from the selected Hunt Group with a "+1" prepended as well. NexVortex indicates that they are sending the 10-digit number only in the SIP URI header, and the full number including +1 in the TO header, which apparently the UC320 uses for routing inbound calls. NexVortex allows the user to customize the SIP URI header information in their user portal, but the TO header cannot be changed. In case it matters, my UC320 is presently configured for US 7-digit dial plans.

Is there a way to tell the UC320 to route calls based on the SIP URI instead of the TO header information? This presents inbound and outbound call information in a format my customers are more comfortable with.

Thanks,

Andy Williams

2 Replies 2

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Andy,

I have filed a bug for this. However a fix is not going to be available anytime soon. We would consider the fix for the next release.

Hello Navin,

Thanks for the update. My customers can work around this issue until a better solution for both inbound routing and outbound CLID is available.

Andy Williams