cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom IP 5000 UC540 no secondary dialtone

ed.dunn01
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if any one can help but I just configured a polycom ip5000 conference phone on our UC540.  The issue is we use 9 to dial out and as of now the polycom doesn't give me the secondary dial tone when I press 9 and therefor cannot call out that way.  I have found a work around but would prefer to have it working like it is suppose to.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated

6 Replies 6

Jack AllTrades
Level 1
Level 1

We dial 9 to get out as well so I may have the same issue too, but haven't got that far yet.  Where did you get a phone load for the Polycom Soundstation IP 5000?  That is where I am stuck at.

p.s. I have a UC560

ed.dunn01
Level 1
Level 1

I flashed the phone manually, most of the configurations were done on the phone side like plugging in the SIP and Line parameters.  I can post the configuration I used on the phone if it will help you out.  The dialing 9 work around I found is dial the number first before picking up the phone.  So if I enter 9703XXXXXXX and then press dial, it works.  The only hang up I've found is that I cannot transfer a call to an OUTSIDE line because of the dial tone issue.

Please do post the configuration script.  I appreciate the help.  If I have any issues with it I can try calling support and if it just happens that the secondary dial tone can be fixed via configuration script changes, than perhaps we will get our answer for that as well.

Thanks.

Hello

i have the same setup  as you have gotten, UC540 and Polycom 5000 but can't get the fine to work.

what do you mean by you flashed the phone manually?

Hope to receiving your reply.

Thanks

Hello Ed,

did you find a workaround to the problem, am having the same issue here.

when i press the new call on the sound station duo, it stops taking digit after i typed 7 digit, but i can dial straight to it without pressing the newcallcall, but issue is i cannot make a conference call.

please, you find any workaround?

ed.dunn01
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the configuration I used

(this is just for the Polycomm, didn't include the rest of my configuration)

voice register global
 mode cme
 source-address 192.168.100.1 port 5060
 max-dn 18
 max-pool 18
!
voice register dn  1
 translation-profile outgoing outbound
 number 7172
!
voice register pool  1
 id mac 0004.F2F3.182C
 number 1 dn 1
 username 7172 password 12345
!

Honestly, that was all I did.  The rest of the setup required manually setting up the information on the phone itself like pointing to the server, line info etc.  That part was simple.

Hope it helps