cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Announcement“Cisco Design Thinking Workshop”. Cisco Small Business is excited to invite its Silicon Valley customers to an exclusive interactive one-day session between customers and product Managers.  If you are interested in this exclusive workshop, please fill out the Registration Form. For more information, please check out our FAQ

Get the latest new and information the November issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Problems with XML on SPA50x

Seems like noone uses XML on these phones as I have found a number of bugs as follows:

1) The Header Refresh MUST have a URL specified. This is optional in the standard

2) Sending a Softkey Cancel in a CiscoIPPhoneExecute crashes the phone. request reboot type=4 reason=System 4(8000) in Syslog.

I am trying to time out a text box using Refresh with a cancel softkey execute.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how I can do this?

Thanks

Mike

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Beginner

As that's XML, you probably need to escape the & symbol... &

Beginner

Thanks Steve but Refresh URL only has a single parameter so no &. Do you know the correct format of the header? I am using PHP.

Thanks

Mike

Beginner

Interesting, I appear to have replied to the wrong thread..

I dont know about the refresh, but historicly (i.e. 7900 series) the CiscoIPPhoneExecute is for sending to the phone via an HTTP post, not as a reply to a GET. Not sure if this is relevant, but might explain why the phone is crashing (i.e. wasn't a tested scenario).

The XML parser in the 50x series phones does seem a little... sketchy at times.

S