Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G2 - fw 7.5.2a crackling sound

FAST-DETECT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

a few days ago I noticed that cisco released a FW update for the SPA525G phones. Until now I used the 7.4.9c FW that comes with the 8.6 UC560 software package. I uploaded the FW to our UC560 edited the load and updated the tftp config. After a reboot the phone just upgraded fine.

Since the upgrade I hear a strange crackling sound in my handset when I'm using the phone. The crackling appears like once every 60 seconds and lasts for 5-10 seconds. It sounds a bit like as if the other party would stutter or there was a "chopping" like effect applied to his/her voice. In Germany with analogue landlines we had some analogue call-charge pulse that sounded quite similiar :-). 

I flashed the newer FW because I thought it might fix some compatibility issues with BT Headsets (I bought a Logitech H800 BT-Headset which pairs just fine with my laptop and iPhone but just won't work with my SPA525G2 using 7.4.9c and 7.5.2a-bt). The cisco SBS support told me that it's not in the compatibility list and they pretty much don't care about it.

So basically I wanted to ask if somebody else noticed the crackling within the 7.5.2a FW and / or has some adice on the Logitech BT issue?

regards,

Fabian

18 Replies 18

Bug state says Open - new. Meaning that nobody is working it.

You may find that unless you pressure hard and continuously, that will not change.

hanefi.turkoz
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,
Maybe another problem but i have a cisco spa504g where the sound cracking
I have changed the handset (?) and no more cracking
For me, this was a hardware fault
Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Paul Norman
Level 1
Level 1

It is not a hardware fault because when i disconnect the sidecar from both my phones there is no more crackling or popping noises during a call.

Once the sidecar is connected and you make a call the noise returns.

Any news on a fix its been ages?

Hi,

Apparently Firmware 7.5.5 got released a few days ago and the crackling problem seems fixed after some initial testing on my side!

regards,

Fabian