Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 540 Assigning an FXS port to a DID

Allen Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a UC 540 and an trying to redirect a DID number to voicemial, so the users can dial directly into voicemail

voice-port 0/0/0

station-id number 401

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/0/1

station-id number 402

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/0/2

station-id number 403

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/0/3

station-id number 404

caller-id enable

Via CCA telephony\ports and trunks\fxs ports I am unable to change 401 402 403 or 404

Via CCA telephony dial plan incoming, when trying to set this up it does not give me a trunk option

Any help is much appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

The FXO should have a DID assigned on the service providers end. Usually each of the FXOs has a DID, and the provider hunts across your FXOs to find an available line for incoming calls. If you know the DID for the FXO, you can send that FXO to 399. You will need to make sure you remove that FXO from a rollover configuration if your service provider has one configured to hunt across your FXOs on incoming calls.

Another option, is that when a person reaches voicemail, you can dial *, and that will bring you to the subscriber voicemail login.

Thanks,

-john

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Try and change the FXS extensions under:

Configure -> Telephony -> Users and Extensions -> User and Phones -> In the window that opens there is a tab for analog extensions

What are you using for PSTN connectivity? FXO, PRI, or SIP? Only PRI and SIP support DIDs.

Under Configure -> Telephony -> Dial Plan -> Incoming -> In the window that opens there is a tab for direct dials. You would click the new button to add a DID translation to an internal extension.

Thanks,

-john

Thanks

I am using FXO, users want to dial 399 (voicemail) from outside

It does not appear I can assign PSTN nunmber to a DID via FXO, just as you stated. I did not know that. I have doen this with PRI's before

Any other way to do this with FXO ?

Hello,

The FXO should have a DID assigned on the service providers end. Usually each of the FXOs has a DID, and the provider hunts across your FXOs to find an available line for incoming calls. If you know the DID for the FXO, you can send that FXO to 399. You will need to make sure you remove that FXO from a rollover configuration if your service provider has one configured to hunt across your FXOs on incoming calls.

Another option, is that when a person reaches voicemail, you can dial *, and that will bring you to the subscriber voicemail login.

Thanks,

-john