cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W phone options

Paul Shellien
Level 1
Level 1

Please accept apologies for complete numptiness of the following question.......which I will get to after a bit of background info on my situation.

In my current office, we have 2 x analgue lines that are used to access our comapny on-site excahnge, which then connects to other site exchanges or out into the big, bad world. Due to expanding numbers and need to take calls in different work areas, I was looking at implimenting a VOIP solution to carry in-office calls and then connect this to the 2 existing lines via FXO.

At first I attempted a Raspeberry Pi Asterisk and router solution, but this was not working.  Next step was a SPA9000 and SPA400 combo.  The IP Phone exchange side worked fine, but was unable to access the analogue lines via FXO to dial out and no incoming calls were picked up by the system.

I have now reached the end of my tether (and available funds) and have picked up a UC320W as this appears to be an 'All in One' solution that should be suitable.

Have so far managed to get the unit powered up and am working my way through the wizard, but am unable to connect any of my existing phones (which worked fine with the SPA9000) to the UC320W.

The phones I have are several SPA941 (though badged as Linksys) and an SPA301 (Cisco Badged)

The question (eventually) I have is are these phones compatible with the UC320W?  As Linksys were subsumed by Cisco, was thinking that they would be suitable.  If not, am I able to flash new firmware to them to make them suitable?

Cheers

2 Replies 2

flemmanu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Shelster,

UC320 supports SPA300 and SPA500 Series Ip phones.

Regards,

Florence.

Paul Shellien
Level 1
Level 1

Many thanks for the info...

Had tried the 941's but to no joy.

Have, however, managed to get the SPA9K/400 combo up and running as it appears I had fallen fowl of the fact that the outlet we have in the office are wired for BT and not the RJ11 connectivity that was expected.  Actually figured that out with getting the UC running as was getting no connectivity to any FXO ports.

All up and running fine now on my original intended deployment and now have a UC320W sat in a box doing nothing at present.