Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 to Nortel PBX

mdube
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I found in this FAQ (https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9830) that the UC supports standard based SIP and H.323 trunks and should theorically be able to "talk" to a Nortel PBX.

But in the real world, has it been done yet? Has anyone tested this and could help me out on that matter?

Or point me to some kind of documentation on this...?

Thanks! :)

Matt

3 Replies 3

Matt,

We do not support integration with third party call control. "No support" means TAC won't take cases, but this type of interoperability is almost certainly going to work. Cisco IOS and Nortel integration has been tested internally with positive results.

You will require CLI into the UC500 more than likely, although you could start by defining the Nortel PBX as a Generic SIP trunk using CCA. Good luck.

Marcos

Hello Marcos,

Thanks for your quick response.

Yeah, I do understand that I wouldn't get any official documentation on how to setup this, just wanted to know if it had been tested somewhere and it worked. Knowing that saves me a lot of time in the case it would have been tested and found not working

In that case I will start testing things and yeah I was prepared to do some CLI tweaking.

In the long run, the client will switch to some Cisco equipment, we have already switched 3 of their 4 branch offices to UC520, but the main office will be more complicated.

Thanks again!

Give it a shot and do not hesitate to ask us for help on this forum. What you do and find will likely help many people in the future.

Marcos