cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 external IMAP for voicemail

mikeharrold
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to setup a UC540 with external access to the email server                  

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Meaning what for example ?

mikeharrold
Level 1
Level 1

So that a user out side of the network with a cell phone can use imap to connect to the voice mail server.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

For that, configure VPN so that remote users can access anything from anywhere.

Alternatively just forward the needed ports on then internet router, and users will only access what you configured for.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below..

mikeharrold
Level 1
Level 1

The uc540 is being used as the gateway and I wanted to try to avoid VPN because the office mainly operates out of terminals. Is this still possible?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

As above

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Mike,

This is possible. Here is what you need to do.

In your LAN you need to setup an A record that points to CUE. Then on your firewall you need to open the IMAP port and point it to CUE. Setup an A record on your public DNS that points to your external address that is NAT'ing to CUE. Make sure the A records you create on the LAN and the public DNS are the same.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

--

Mario Garcia

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mike,

The other method I often used which worked well for me, is create an IMAP account in the users outlook/exchange and then get the Smart Phone to talk to exchange, this way all your outside communications is done to the exchange and you can apply corporate policies to it

There is always more than one way to kick the can

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *