Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding user profiles in Anyconnect VPN 2.5

dinesh2012
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 in my company and the OS came bundled with Anyconnect VPN client version 2.5.

In the earlier version I used to add user profile using a .pcf file by importing it into the client to access customer LAN.

But in the Anyconnect VPN client I dint find any option to import the file. The IT support has told to edit the xml file to add it. The problem is I even after i edit the anyconnect-cert.xml with changes in host name and host address tags  I am not able to start a connection. I dont knw know exactly what address must be given in Host address tag. I copied the host address from .pcf file which i used earlier.

Can anyone make me clear on tis issue whether I will be able to add a user profile in this way or any correction is to be donr in the whole process of adding the user profile,

Thanks in advance,

Dinesh

1 Reply 1

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dinesh

Anyconnect can only be used to connect to gateways using SSL, or IPsec with IKEv2.

The legacy Cisco VPN client can only be used to connect using IPsec with IKEv1.

Hence, it's not possible to use Anyconnect to connect to a gateway that you used to connect to with the VPNclient.

You would need to install VPNclient again in parallel to Anyconnect (unless the admin of the gateway enabled IKEv2 or SSL).

hth

Herbert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: