Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any connect connect vpn predeploy

Good day 

I am trying to install the ayconnect core VPN redeploy but I get an error below. 

vpn.PNGGood day All, 

I am trying to install the AnyConnect core VPN but I get an error below. 

8 Replies 8

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A few ideas:

-See if you can get a new msi. 

-Is there any third party software on the client that could be blocking the install?

-Try completely uninstalling old components, then install new/fresh. 

-DART bundle may show additional information for failure.  

stsargen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Install from an admin command prompt with following.

msiexec /package <filename> /norestart /passive /lvx* install-log.txt

When it fails please provide the install-log.txt file created.

i have attached the logs. 

From this log it looks like you did not specify the entire filename with .msi on the end.  This will cause the error in your log.  This might not be the reason for the original failure, but needs to be corrected to get proper logs.  

Failing

******* Product: C:\Users\username\anyconnect-win-4.10.05085-core-vpn-predeploy-k9

Working

******* Product: C:\Users\username\Downloads\anyconnect-win-4.10.05085-core-vpn-predeploy-k9.msi

Copy and paste this line to and admin command prompt from the location where the installer file is.

msiexec /package anyconnect-win-4.10.05085-core-vpn-predeploy-k9.msi /norestart /passive /lvx* install-log-new.txt

Sorry for that, I have executed the command. find attached logs. 

Do you have the setupapi.dev.log file from this same machine? It will be in C:\Windows\INF.  Looks like the AnyConnect Virtual Adapter is failing to install.  Did you have a previous install of AnyConnect?  What modules?

Hi, Yes the machine had AnyConnect version 4.7. I was trying to upgrade to 4.10, but I installed the old one before installing the new version. find the logs attached. 

The VPN virtual adapter is failing to install for some reason.

With the AnyConnect client uninstalled you can try removing the cached driver from the OS.

From an admin command prompt run 

pnputil /delete-driver oem19.inf   ( this is specific t o to the logs you gave me for this PC )

reboot

try to reinstall the client

If that doesn't work you should probably open a Cisco TAC SR for further investigation.