cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect 4.1 - Failed to get configuration from secure gateway

Kevin Lotko
Level 1
Level 1

So I have AnyConnect working on one ASA however from another ASA located in another country I'm getting the following error:

"Failed to get configuration from secure gateway"

I get a prompt for username and password appears to be authenticating just fine however during the "checking for profile updates" step that error appears.

I've been comparing my two configurations and they seem identical.

Model of working ASA: 5512 ver 9.1(4)

Not working ASA: 5510 ver 9.1(4)

Client version: 4.1.02011

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello, Kevin.

As far as I know, if there is no client profile configured on ASA, the Anyconnect client software will use the default client profile, which is placed on local computer (C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile) during the installation of Anyconnect software.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Boris Uskov
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, Kevin,

I see the similar post here, please check:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11566636/anyconnect-3008057-failed-get-configuration-secure-gateway-mac-os

So, be sure, that AnyConnect profile (usually, .xml file) is on the flash of second ASA (use command dir for verification), and this profile is configured under webvpn section:

webvpn

anyconnect profiles <profile name> disk0:/profile-name.xml

and under the group-policy in webvpn section:

group-policy GroupPolicy_VPN attributes

webvpn

anyconnect profiles value <profile name> type user

Interesting..

Wanted to delete and recreate my Anyconncet client profile.. so I deleted it.. and out of curiousity I tested connecting before recreating it and it now works.. without a client profile.

I'm using ASDM to configure

Hello, Kevin.

As far as I know, if there is no client profile configured on ASA, the Anyconnect client software will use the default client profile, which is placed on local computer (C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile) during the installation of Anyconnect software.