Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect Licence when doing a restore fail

Hi, I'm trying to build a DR setup so if the main VPN ASA-5525 (Cluster) fail I have a physical spare to install. I have done this several times and when I do a restore to a like for like platform running the same O/S and f/w etc the licencing info is also applied, however this time after I have done the restore and check the licence output of the show version command it does not match the live system in that the the line for Anyconnect premium Peers shows 750 on the live system and only 2 on the DR unit even though it states at the bottom "This platform has an ASA5525 Premium licence" any ideas please?.

Do I need to purchase another licence but that would defeat the whole DR replacement unit if one failed?

Both run 9.12(3) and ASDM 7.13.(1)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The important question is if you have AnyConnect 4 Licenses. If yes, then you can activate the license on all your ASAs as the license is not per device or per connection. Instead the license is per User.

If you are still running AC 3, this license was per device and you needed one license per ASA and the license was bound to the ASA serial number.

The output that the ASA is "5525 Premium" is completely unrelated to the VPN licensing.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

The important question is if you have AnyConnect 4 Licenses. If yes, then you can activate the license on all your ASAs as the license is not per device or per connection. Instead the license is per User.

If you are still running AC 3, this license was per device and you needed one license per ASA and the license was bound to the ASA serial number.

The output that the ASA is "5525 Premium" is completely unrelated to the VPN licensing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: