cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect VPN client is prompting users to login even if users are inside the office Network

CarloSalvador
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, how can I stop the AnyConnect VPN client to prompt users to login when they are inside the office Network?

I have configured Trusted Network Detection previously so that users working from home connected to their own home internet will be prompted by the AnyConenct VPN client to login their username and password.

Then if a user goes back to the office and connects to the office Network, they should not be prompted by the AnyConnect VPN to login. This is the Trusted Network Detection should be doing right? But it seems it is not happening.

P.S.
The attached image is the only configuration I did to enable the Trusted Network Detection.

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

stsargen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If AnyConnect is prompting for credentials then it is determining that you are not on a trusted network.  You would need to post logs (DART bundle) of the issue when it is occuring.  Keep in mind this will show the DNS domains an DNS servers that you have grayed out in your screenshot.  You might also be able to look at the logs youself and determine what is going on.

Hi stsargen,

Thank you for your response. I really wonder why but looks like most of our users in the office are getting the prompt to login. I have also validated with our Local IT Team in the office that they are connected to the Internal Network.

hmmmm. Unless the AnyConnect VPN is prompting when they boot up the laptop and not yet completely connected to the Internal Network or no connection at all for a certain time when AnyConnect client prompted? Is that possible to happen?

Thank you!