Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5512-x SSL VPN AnyConnect Premium licences

LSA4
Level 1
Level 1

HI Guys

I have been struggling the whole day trying to find the SKU to add 25 SSL VPN AnyConnect Premium  licence for the 5512-x

Can someone assist me please

I saw the below for the other ASA'

ASA5505-SSL25-K9

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

There is no Premium-license any more.

If you want to license a single ASA, the "VPN-Only" license is for you. If there are multiple ASAs that need VPN, then a combination of PLUS and APEX could be used:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/200191-AnyConnect-Licensing-Frequently-Asked-Qu.html

View solution in original post

With VPN-Only you license the ASA to handle 25 simultaneous VPN-connections of any type. These can be used of as many users as you want. You need an additional support-contract  to be able to download the client.

With APEX you license 25 users in you organization to use AnyConnect and VPN-services with any security gateway (all your ASAs and can also be IOS-routers). Software-support is already included, but the subscription has to be renewed after three years. And you need one license for each individual user.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

There is no Premium-license any more.

If you want to license a single ASA, the "VPN-Only" license is for you. If there are multiple ASAs that need VPN, then a combination of PLUS and APEX could be used:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/200191-AnyConnect-Licensing-Frequently-Asked-Qu.html

Hi Karsten 

Thanks for the rapid response, im new to the field, 

I chose the VPN-Only license L-AC-VPNO-25=, but its expensive, 

what is the diffence between the above and this one L-AC-APX-3Y-S1 qty 25 whis is cheaper

With VPN-Only you license the ASA to handle 25 simultaneous VPN-connections of any type. These can be used of as many users as you want. You need an additional support-contract  to be able to download the client.

With APEX you license 25 users in you organization to use AnyConnect and VPN-services with any security gateway (all your ASAs and can also be IOS-routers). Software-support is already included, but the subscription has to be renewed after three years. And you need one license for each individual user.