Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Certificate Issue

Computerwiz24
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I'm using server 2012 R2 with certificate authority and NDES to manage certificates for a SSL VPN. Im having some issues getting it all working. When i go to request a identity certificate i get an error saying "Enrollment interface null" But after it refreshes i show it issued a certificate from the CA Server? next when i go to make my authentication method Both AAA and Certificate i get an error saying

NON-RESIDENT CERT: serial:
NON-RESIDENT CERT: serial:
RESIDENT CERT: serial:

WARNING: Please check if you have all the required certificate(s) in the config to authenticate the certificates that will be issued using this SCEP URL

Also when i go to start a connection on the vpn i get a failed certificate with an error saying Public key does not meet the minimum size required by the specified certificate template. After checking the public key and the template are both set to 2048. Has anybody else had this issue?

Thank you

9 Replies 9

Hi Computerwiz24,

Are you trying Identity enrollment using ASDM or CLI?

Spooster IT Services Team

Currently I'm using ASDM

Hi,

Please follow these steps and check if it helps you:

Install CA Certificate(s) to allow the ASA to trust the issuer of the SCEP ID Cert installed on the client.

- Best Practice: Install all CA Certificates from the ASA & AnyConnect issuing CA(s) all the way up the chain to the root CA

- Note that the log message indicates which ca certificates are already installed (RESIDENT CERT) and which have not been installed yet (NON-RESIDENT CERT).

You can also check if the XML profile being used is correct.

Regards,

Aditya

Thank you for the help.  I think im getting closer.  I eneded up going into the IIS manager on server 2012r2 and set the max count to 65384.  Now i can authenicate using both user and certificate and i see the cetificate in the CA but when i go to connect now i still get the untrusted server error and ask if i want to continue?  What am i doing wrong?  I must not have something set up right on the certificate.  Common name maybe?

Thank you 

Hi Computerwiz24,

Do your PC from where you are trying to connect to VPN have the local CA certificate in trusted CA certificate list?

No it doesn't.  It is in the personal certificate folder?

You have to add that to the CA trusted list. 

Since I have the identity certificate shouldn't it be a trusted certificate already or will I have to move it into trusted certificates on each pc?  Do I have something wrong on the identity certificate and that's why it's not trusted?

thank you 

I think you need to add your Local CA certificate (which you get with identity certificate) to Trusted CA list by right clicking on it. Just check the "Entrerprise Trust" and "Untrusted Certificate" under certificate Manager see highlighted in attachment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: