Views
Helpful
Replies

asa5510 and anyconect essential

mireille.saade
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support,

i have bought the below licenses for the ASA5510 to upgrade from 2 to 250 users and yet i can give access to 2 users only.

L-ASA-AC-M-5510=

L-ASA-AC-E-5510=

Kindly find attached the "show version"

Thank you

Mireille

6 Replies 6

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

Have you registered the PAK licenses to the serial number of your ASA at http://www.cisco.com/go/license yet?  Once you register the licenses you will be e-mailed a new activation key to input into your ASA to unlock the features.

Yes we registered the PAK licenses to the ASA serial number and we have received the activation keys via email and we entered it to the ASA. The attached "show version" file was executed after all these steps

The anyconnect essentials license (L-ASA-AC-E-5510=)

should give you additional anyconnect possibilities, but it is shown as disabled in your show version output:

AnyConnect Essentials             : Disabled       perpetual

The anyconnect mobile license (L-ASA-AC-M-5510=) only allows you to connect mobile devices to your asa (android, iphone) up to your current license limit.

I have seen it where the tool doesn't always work 100% when activating multiple PAK at the same time. I would recommend, if you are sure you activated both PAK for Essentials and Mobile, calling Cisco TAC @ 1-800-553-2447 and opening a service request with the licensing team.  Give them the serial # of your ASA and tell them you activated your PAKs but features aren't enabled.  The engineers usually look up what you had purchased and generate a new activation key for you to put into the ASA.

ASA needs a reboot after this particular type of activation key. Did it yesterday so 100% sure.

Did you do it?

Anyconnect essesntials do not require reboot.

probably something is wrong with the activation key.

you would need to open up a support case with cisco licensing team.

after the anyconnect essential is activated you would also need to add following config:

conf t

webvpn

anyconnect-essesntials

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: