Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic Logout Users - VPN Concentrator

Hi all.

We wanto to logout all users at defined time every day.

With access hours we limit only logon hours, but if a user login on permitted time range, it remain connected also outside this times.

Any idea?

Thanks

Daniele

3 Replies 3

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

hi daniele...

try adjusting the idle timer and the max connection time on the group property.. make this an acceptable value, because this will be active even on normal hours.. this will automatically disconnect the user if he is trying to use too long after the working hours.. arent there anything that u can do on the server ??

Raj

Hi Raj.

This is not accettable, because:

- timerange is 8 hours

- if I set max connect time 8 hours, user that connect 1 minute before timerange expiration, remain connected other 8 hours...

- if I set max connect time less then 8 hours, my users cannot remain connected all time (and they do this now...)

We need another feature, maybe developers can add it to next release...

Accepted. i dont see any other feature as of now on the vpn box, which can do this. we will probably find this on future releases of IOS. if you have any router inside, you can have time-based ACL's , which disconnects all connections to a particular host on a specific period of time. you can deny connections to the server using a router on the inside.. think of this too..

All the best.. rate replies if found useful..

Raj