cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BRI connects then disconnects after 20 seconds

andrewgreaves
Level 1
Level 1

We have a central router connecting to several remote sites. Central router is configured never to dial out.

One of the remote routers has been working ok via a BRI for several months.

We then changed it onto a new BRI - all configurations staying the same.

Now it can make a connection, but then the central router closes the call in a normal fashion.

debug isdn q931 on the remote router yields following when it dials out:

6d14h: ISDN BR1/0: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x32

6d14h: Bearer Capability i = 0x8890

6d14h: Channel ID i = 0x83

6d14h: Called Party Number i = 0x80, '01709840009', Plan:Unknown, Type:U

nknown

6d14h: ISDN BR1/0: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8 callref = 0xB2

6d14h: Channel ID i = 0x89

6d14h: ISDN BR1/0: RX <- ALERTING pd = 8 callref = 0xB2

6d14h: ISDN BR1/0: RX <- CONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0xB2

6d14h: ISDN BR1/0: HOST_CONNECT: VOICE ERROR: Bearer capability not available(0x

3A): bchan 0, call id 0x89D7

6d14h: ISDN BR1/0: TX -> CONNECT_ACK pd = 8 callref = 0x32

Caller ID hasn't been configured on the Central Router.

I can only assume its something up with the ISDN cloud.

Any help is very welcome.

Andy Greaves

4 Replies 4

Hello Andy,

did you exchange just the BRI card, or did you also install a new/other router ? Can you post the output of ´show version´, as well as the configuration of the router, if possible ?

Regards,

GP

stephenshaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andy,

the following output stands out in my opinion:

"6d14h: ISDN BR1/0: HOST_CONNECT: VOICE ERROR: Bearer capability not available(0x

3A): bchan 0, call id 0x89D7"

It does appear that the Carrier has changed this circuit to use Voice and not Data. 90% of the time when we've had the 20 second disconnect it has been a Carrier issue. 10% it has been a ISDN card problem. Since all you did was change to a new BRI, I would concentrate on the problem being a Carrier issue.

HTH,

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for replying.

We have already contacted the CO as I'm sure they've set the new BRI incorrectly.

I just wanted to get peoples input on the error message.

Regards

Hi,

One more thought. You said that you have placed a new BRI card. Is this by any chance VWIC? If so, if might be interpretting your data connections as being voice calls and drops the carrier. Try using "isdn incoming-voice data" command under the BRI interface and see if it improves the matter.

I had similar issue using Cisco's AS5300 when I once forgot to configure this command under the proper interface and all dialing users (using analog modems) would get disconnected due to a fact that AS would consider the calls as being voice.

David