Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot manage ASA inside interface from Site-to-Site VPN

phatrachit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I was deploy new site-to-site between ASA 8.0 (HQ) and ASA 8.4 (Branch). Everything working fine but i have a problem about manage to the remote ASA that i can't manage  ASA branch with Inside interface IP address.

My configuration on Remote ASA

management-access inside

icmp permit any inside

ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 inside

snmp-server host INSIDE 10.0.1.101 communitry test-snmp version 2c

My Test

- ping from HQ to inside interface of remote ASA

• Client show request timeout
  • When debug icmp on remote ASA then ASA show only ICMP request from HQ no reply back from remote ASA

I'm not sure this is bug on ASA 8.4 or not because i can manage another remote ASA which software version 8.0 from HQ

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not sure what 8.4 version you are using, but this is broken in 8.4(2), I ran into the same problem post-upgrade. Both SSH and ASDM won't connect to the inside interface across a L2L VPN. It did work in 8.4(1) though.

CSCtr16184

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtr16184

-N@TT

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

metricowireless
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having exactly the same problem.  I just upgraded to 8.4(2) so this is probably a bug in the newest software release.  Looks liek I'm going to have to downgrade to see if that clears up the issue.

Not sure what 8.4 version you are using, but this is broken in 8.4(2), I ran into the same problem post-upgrade. Both SSH and ASDM won't connect to the inside interface across a L2L VPN. It did work in 8.4(1) though.

CSCtr16184

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtr16184

-N@TT

Thank you N@TT

I was reconfigured this morning and it work for ICMP/SSH/ASDM but SNMP have not work yet

=====================================================================

Configruation

snmp-server host INSIDE 10.0.1.101 communitry test-snmp version 2c

10.0.1.101 is SNMP server from HQ

For other reader

It work for all method > ICM/SSH/ASDM/SNMP

I changed a little bit configuration on SNMP server

Downgrading to 8.4(1) fixed the problem.