Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect interferes with Wi-Fi interface

Sonnyjoy611
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

Please be aware that Cisco AnyConnct VPN client might heavily interfere with your Wi-Fi interface. On my HP laptop (Win11), with embedded Realtek RTL8852BE Wi-Fi adapter, I started to get "Can't connect to this network" message for EVERY known/not known Wi-Fi network. I tried all possible workarounds and also involved HP support, with no results.

As soon as I uninstalled AnyConnect on my laptop, Wi-Fi adapter magically restarted to work.

I hope this help people with same problem. It took me MONTHS to understand this issue.

Cheers,

Andrew

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It seems like you may have had the AnyConnect (now known as Secure Client) Network Access Manager (NAM) module installed. That is designed to replace the native Windows WiFi manager and must join and configure any WiFi networks from within it (or disable/uninstall it).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It seems like you may have had the AnyConnect (now known as Secure Client) Network Access Manager (NAM) module installed. That is designed to replace the native Windows WiFi manager and must join and configure any WiFi networks from within it (or disable/uninstall it).